Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My New Blog: Innaugural Address

Greetings!
So as many of you know I'm currently working on my Masters Thesis in Halifax Nova Scotia at Dalhousie University in International Development Studies and am increasingly finding myself bored out of my mind and exhausted from a year of hard work.
So I created this blog both to keep myself occupied over the summer and also to keep in touch with everyone while I'm on my upcoming trip to Switzerland and South Africa from September through December of 2009.
For those of you who don't know I'm writing my MA thesis on the proliferation of Small Arms an
d Light Weapons in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and am seeking to identify demand factors which contribute to the continuation of their acquisition and use in the ongoing violence in the DRC. It is this research which be taking me first to Geneva Switzerland to visit the Small Arms Survey and then on to Pretoria South Africa where I will be interviewing Congolese Diaspora in addition to other individuals with a specialized knowledge of the topic. I was initially hoping to go to the DRC but this proved to be a bit to controversial for the faculty of my program and perhaps a bit to dangerous for a novice traveller such as myself. I will consider ranting about this further at a later date. In any case preparations are well underway. I picked up my business cards today which I will be using on my trip and am soon to buy my plane ticket. I will try to update at least once a week and then probably more frequently once my travels begin in September.
See You Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment