Friday, July 31, 2009

Visitors, Visitors and MORE Visitors

So with the exception of my friend Jen from Mississauga, prior to the month of July I had noooo visitors despite my pleas of despair for someone, anyone to come and visit me in Halifax. Well I guess I should be more careful of what I wish for because I had 5 visitors in the month of July and Holy COW was it exhausting.
First it started with Claire who came up the first weekend in July. We had a fabulous time playing Mario Kart, seeing the city AND drinking Caramel Frapuccino blended coffees, our signature drink. Next to follow were my mom and aunt (my mom's sister) who came prepared with a list of things they were set on doing despite my well-intentioned suggestions for other activities. Although it was sometimes challenging we did discover Susie's Cupcakes, a 1950's style cupcake bar with over 40 kinds of cupcakes. This has now become a favourite attraction among my visitors. The day my aunt and mom left Adam arrived. We did many of the same things as with my other guests but we also went to Peggy's Cove on a very rainy day and on to Mahone Bay where Adam ate some fresh Nova Scotian Lobster (which wasn't caught in the Halifax Harbour). Later the same day we attended a game of Manhunt, Adult Tag/hide and seek at the Tallships festival where we met Gabe a sailor on the Bounty one of the tall ships at the festival. Later that night Gabe brought us aboard the Bounty and gave us a first class tour. He detailed the movies the ship had been in and introduced us to the rest of the crew. Gabe would spend most of the rest of the next day with Adam and I beginning with breakfast a-la Kirsten and rolling down Citadel Hill. At this point its July 19th and I went to Ottawa which I'll talk about in a future post. When I came back from Ottawa Ben/Blair/Blen came back with me and by this point giving city tours was an old trick. Of note were an additional manhunt game, going whale watching, where we only saw a seal and having an impromptu party at my house for some of my friend's friends. Ben went home today and its another week before I can expect my next guest Kristen. I'm not going to lie I'm really looking forward to some down time.

Can you estimate how little school work I finished in this period?
Are you exhausted from reading this as I am from experiencing it?

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. I guess that means all of your friends are procrastinators :)

    Sorry to be a burden - I can do my own thing in Halifax if you want some down time for a day or two.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol no Kristen. You're not being a burden I just needed a break. Apparently I only needed a day :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the rest of your friends, but I'm definitely a last-minute kinda girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and probably too late minute to make it to Halifax before you have to go :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol that's okay Tina! I look forward to seeing you in Mississauga :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still the best cause I came first!!!

    Jelouse about cupcake place as wanted to go and kept hitting it when it was closed :(
    That is what I get for coming during the off season

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep Jen, you definitely earn points for coming first :)

    ReplyDelete