Friday, August 14, 2009

Anticipation

Its been a while. Although not much has changed since the time of my last update, at some point in the last week my mood has gone from anxiety and anticipation to excitement and anticipation which certainly comes as a relief. Instead of having trouble sleeping worrying about all that's left to do, what life's going to be like abroad and whether I'm going to find the answers which I seek, I now wake up with a great deal of excitement and anticipation about what's to come. I can't wait to visit the Small Arms Survey, UN and ICRC in Geneva and am excited about my weekend trip to Germany. Better yet, the adventure of my first trip to the African continent has me itching for adventure. To be honest I'm also really looking forward to being at home in Mississauga for 2.5 weeks before I go.
So now I just have to get through the last week in Halifax, which shouldn't be too hard since its already been filled up with meetings, coffee dates, moving and a potluck. Unfortunately I am still under the impression I should try to keep reading but the excitement and plenitude of things to do is making that difficult.
In other news I may have finally met a guy who I really like here. Bad timing. Luckily he'll still be here when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment