Monday, August 31, 2009

My First Interview!

So while I was in Ottawa and staying with my friend Matt I found out that his mom knew a woman who worked for Medeciens Sans Frontier who worked in the DRC. Sherry agreed to bring me up in a conversation with this individual and see if she would be interested in talking to me. As it happened she was and I was told to be expecting an e-mail from her, which never arrived. Concluding she simply had not had time I followed up with her in an e-mail last night in which I introduced myself and my thesis. She replied that if we were to speak it would have to be within the next 5 days and as it happened the best time for us to speak was right when I got her e-mail. So I quickly gathered my questions and opened my consent form and called this woman up, I did not expect to have my first interview today (or even this week!) All in all the interview went very well, although she was not able to speak to all of my questions she provided some really interesting insights into the conflict in addition to problems surrounding the large number of internally displaced people in North Kivu where she was, which was not a topic I had given much thought to. Although it was a bit rushed and I was very anxious throughout the e-mail I feel like it was successful!

^
/ \
<--- Arrow

Run-on Paragraph

1 comment: