Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Computer Conundrum

Sigh! How frustrating.
Today I went yet again to the computer store which is working on my facewash soaked laptop only to discover that they got it working last night... and that today it won't turn on. Not knowing whethere they'd be able to get it to work again we started talking about the option of purchasing a new one. However they don't keep any laptops with 15 inch screens on site so he informed me if I wanted one he'd have to order it. On top of that the selection was rediculously small and so I will try to locate an alternative store tomorrow. On the plus side my hard drive wasn't damaged so I can at least keep that.
In other news today I had another meeting at the Small Arms Survey which was much more helpful than the first. The girl who I met with discussed my research methods with me and pointed out some gaps or potential short comings in my methods which if dealt with effectively may make for a more cohesive thesis. She also reassured me that the ISS was very helpful with its visiting students and gave me a little bit of a boost which kept me from completely sinking into the depths of despair about my laptop. (Its not that I'm sad about needing a new laptop its more the extra expense which I hadn't anticipated. Le sigh)
In other news I have a hot date tonight... well not really. But I did convince an Austraillian who I met in the lobby of my hostel to do some exploring with me tonight. He's shooting a documentary here. Could be interesting. I also met a friendly Columbian man today on the street today who was some kind of socialworker or something along those lines. Looks like I'm finally starting to make progress in the area of meeting people. Hooray!

Still no pictures, but cheers anyway!

P.S. Obviously my french is improving as I'm beginning to find it more difficult to communicate in English. Mind the typos.

1 comment:

  1. I am awaiting the post in French!!

    So I went to write in French too, put my spelling was so horrible I gave up :)

    ReplyDelete