Thursday, September 10, 2009

One last little update before the weekend.

So today I spent a lot of my time walking around lake Geneva and taking pictures. I also found myself in a shopping district with a lot of designer stores which weren't necessarily of interest but some of which I think I might visit in the near future. Hoping to meet someone, anyone really I ate dinner and had a drink at 3 separate locations, only to find no conversation. Then as I waited for a bus someone decided to be creepy and give me the 9th degree asking too many questions including what bus I was taking. Feeling a bit threatened both times I responded that I was waiting for someone and he finally got the message (this reinforced my belief that taking the bus alone at night here is not a good idea, I won't be doing that again) Then within 2 minutes of getting back to my hotel room someone (not me) tried to enter my room, which also scared me but fortunately he was just lost and I helped him get into his hotel room. I finally found some good conversation among some French (from France) airforce mechanics/engineers on mission here in the hotel lobby who made quite the first impression when they got on the elevator with me and started groping eachother (jokingly of course) this eventually made for the longest conversation I've had since I've been here other than with the lady from the Small Arms Survey, and it was almost entirely in french which was good. (I keep being told my accent is too hard to understand... sigh).

On another random/somewhat negative note, as a whole the adolescent population here seems to be very poorly behaved. Why? No one knows?

Write to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Conversation - maybe find a University pub? Or a youth hostel?

    ReplyDelete